have questions ?

Below are some commonly asked questions.

General FAQ's

>We are a Brisbane based company that provide our services to South East QLD region from the Gold Coast to Gympie and also for the Wide Bay regions for the areas of Bundaberg to Maryborough for a majority of our services.
>We are also available to travel to wherever you need us.

Yes. Even though we strive to offer our best prices possible we do discount as the quote goes up the discount increases.


‘Reasonably practicable’ is a legal requirement for employers under health and safety legislation. ‘Reasonably practicable’ is a legal requirement. It means doing what you are reasonably able to do to ensure the health and safety of workers and others like volunteers and visitors.

The WHS Act places the primary health and safety duty on a person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU). The PCBU must ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of workers at the workplace. Duties are also placed on officers of a PCBU, workers and other persons at a workplace.

You must legally comply as far as reasonably practicable to what is set out in the following:
> Work Health and Safety Act 2011
The Work Health and Safety Act 2011 provides a balanced and nationally consistent framework to secure the health and safety of workers and workplaces.
> Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011
The Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 describes how to prevent or minimise a risk at your workplace.
> Codes of practice
A code of practice provides practical guidance for people who have work health and safety duties.
> Consultation and representation
To help business operators provide a safer workplace, they have a duty to consult with workers and other business operators.

YES, approved codes of practice are admissible in court proceedings.
From 1 July 2018 persons conducting a business or undertaking are required to comply with an approved code of practice under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011. Alternatively duty holders can follow another method, such as a technical or an industry standard, to manage hazards and risks, as long as it provides an equivalent or higher standard of work health and safety to the standard required in the code

Make sure your workers and other persons are protected against harm.
>Make sure your business has suitable safe work systems in place.
>Keep your WHS knowledge up-to-date.
>Understand your business and its WHS hazards and risks.
>Make sure your business is properly resourced to manage WHS risks, and check that the resources are being used.
>Make sure your business has reporting processes for incidents, hazards and other WHS issues, and check that these processes are being followed.
>Provide regular consultation via various communication methods.


>If you are involved in managing a small to medium business then you are likely to have a duty as an ‘officer’ under work health and safety laws. This video features workers from a range of industries talking about why they are an officer in their business.

No it’s completely FREE with no obligations or pressure.

Five steps to risk assessment can be followed to ensure that your risk assessment is carried out correctly, these five steps are:

  1. Identify the hazards
  2. Decide who might be harmed and how
  3. Evaluate the risks and decide on control measures
  4. Record your findings and implement them
  5. Review your assessment and update if necessary

The 5 important steps that should be followed when planning for a job or operation are:

1. Job requirements: Finding out what the job involves. 
2. Priorities: Determining the best order in which to carry
out the different tasks you have to perform. 
3. Workplace rules, procedures, competency and licensing requirements: Finding out about any particular rules and requirements for the tasks and workplace.
4. Identifying hazards and control measures: Identifying anything on the site that could
cause harm and deciding what you need to do about each of these hazards.
5.  Workplace consultation: Working with others and ensuring everyone is
consulted and informed about the work to be done. 

Yes, under current regulations, a licence is required for high-risk work, which includes operating booms over 11 meters high.
All scissor lifts and Booms less than 11 meters high do not require a licence. However, operators need to demonstrate that they have a level of competency in operating these EWPs.
This competency can be demonstrated by completing an EWP operator’s course run through a registered training organisation.

Harnesses are not a legal requirement when operating a scissor lift.
However, be aware of any site procedures that may require a harness
to be worn in a scissor lift.

All personnel in the platform (or basket) of a boom type MEWP must use a fall arrest system or restraint device which is secured by a lanyard to an approved anchor point provided for this purpose.

Home Safety FAQ's

You can download manuals for the Smoke Alarms that we supply from here:
Smoke alarm Manuals

We will place a temporary 9V alarm in the location (normally with double sided tape) to ensure the property is compliant until the quote is approved.

As a property agent or a Landlord, you have an obligation to comply with the Competition and Consumer (Corded Internal Window Coverings) Safety Standard 2014
>Link to a copy of the: Corded Internal Window Coverings Safety Standard 2014

– We have qualified trades people and can perform a variety of repairs while we are already at your home such as garage door repairs & servicing, replace electrical fittings, small plaster repairs, general handyman repairs.
– Just ask us and we will see if we can help to save you time and money to get someone else out to do the repair.

We will attempt to adjust the temperature and if not successful then we will recommend that a Plumber looks at it.

Fire Safety FAQ's

A Fire Safety Adviser is only required for a High Occupancy buildings where:-

-30 or more employees are employed or are likely to be employed for a total of any 40 days during the year
-Class 2 or 3 buildings more than 25m in effective height
-Class 6 or 9b buildings that the commissioner has decided is an at risk licensed building

Basically to be compliant the follow training is to be provided:
-Chief Warden / Evacuation Coordination Training
-Fire Warden / Evacuation Coordination Training
-General Occupancy Training
-Complete & record an evacuation drill annually

Yes, the occupier of a building or workplace is to conduct an emergency evacuation drill annually every year under the QLD Building Fire Safety Regulations 2008 and Australian Standards 3745-2010. Note: Best practice is Bi-annually.

The purpose is to evaluate, record and give feedback as to the effectiveness of your evacuation procedures as documented in your Fire and Evacuation plan.

Product Sales

We accept:
-EFT payment
-Master card

-We strive to source that best priced courier service.
-The delivery cost is included in your sales quote.
-We offer free delivery for standard orders over $300 but we sometimes deliver for free anyway if we are travelling in your area.
-You can opt to use your own couriers.